Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 64bit Signal Switcher plugin? Plus LACE questions

I'm slowly making the transition to SAW64 - setting up F-Keys and Shades and installing 64 bit plugins. One plugin I rely on is the free RML signal switcher - it is the heart of my talk-back system. Is there any chance this will be ported to 64 bit? If not, can someone suggest something along the same lines? I guess I could just use mute on a channel, but I have the plugin listening to a virtual joystick mapped to my keyboard and it is really convenient - I have one key (Shift) set up as a momentary and another (Caps Lock) set up to latch.

I'd also like to use LACE to mix down to MP3 within SAW. I thought there was a thread about using some kind of linker to run 32 bit patches in SAW64, but I could not find it. A pointer to that or a discussion of the options to run LACE in SAW64 (or replace it) would be most helpful.

Regards,
    John Griggs

Default Re: 64bit Signal Switcher plugin? Plus LACE questions

In case anyone else is following this, it looks like JBridge (https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/) is the answer for running 32 bit LACE in 64bit SAW, but I have not tried it yet. I should have Googled (in addition to searching the Forum) before I posted...

Regards,
    John

I am working on a 64 bit Signal Switch translation.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I am working on a 64 bit Signal Switch translation.

Bob L
    Excellent news! Thank you very, very many indeed. I will be waiting with bated breath...

Regards,
    John Griggs

The 64 Bit SignalSwitch plugin is online for download in the Misc Downloads section of the website.

Bob L

I don't currently use it, but your still awesome..
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

AFAIK, jBridge only works with VST plugins, not SAW native ones. I would love to hear otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jcgriggs View Post
    In case anyone else is following this, it looks like JBridge (https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/) is the answer for running 32 bit LACE in 64bit SAW, but I have not tried it yet. I should have Googled (in addition to searching the Forum) before I posted...

Regards,
    John
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    AFAIK, jBridge only works with VST plugins, not SAW native ones. I would love to hear otherwise.
    Ahh. I had not thought of that... I guess I'll be looking for something to replace LACE, then.

Bob - Thanks for the unbelievably quick turn around on the 64 bit signal switcher!

Regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jcgriggs View Post
    Ahh. I had not thought of that... I guess I'll be looking for something to replace LACE, then.
    If you don't mind one-or-two extra clicks, dBpoweramp is still my main MP3 generator (when not using LACE in SAW). It gives you a context menu option to create an MP3 (or pretty much any file type) directly from File Explorer. Build the WAV in SAW, right-click on it in File Explorer, select Convert, pick quality, bitrate, etc. or just click OK to go with default settings. Delete original WAV.

dBpoweramp

Actually, net click count may be about the same, cuz you're not going through the buildmix-to-FX-modules sequence.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

DB seconded. I do exactly the same thing. I like that I always have a full res version stored as a wave, and then I use DB to convert to a MP3 file, or Apple lossless if I am adding something to a QuickTime video.
    Michael McInnis Productions