Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Interesting Observation Testing ADA 8200

Bob is exactly right and why am I not surprised. I can't believe it didn't occur to me to check output assignments. All sub groups were routed to outputs 1 and 2 as Bob mentioned so of course when the ADA 8200 replaced the first ADA 8000 I wouldn't have the audio issue. I should know better. I think I need a vacation, a break, another Snapple, something. Thanks Bob for your patience.

I happened to see this post on GS regarding this issue, says the electronics 'die':

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/newb...l#post12887787

I happened to see this post on GS regarding this issue, says the electronics 'die':

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/newb...l#post12887787
    That's not good to hear, I have a number of the ADA 8000 converters.

Quote Originally Posted by William Bushnell View Post
    That's not good to hear, I have a number of the ADA 8000 converters.

One person out of how many thousands that had a problem with the ADAT output on there ADA unit.

I wouldn't worry about it. I had 4 ADA8000's that I ran on a lowered mains voltage for at least 4+ years and I currently have 5 ADA8200's and haven't had any problem with any of them.

Once the ADA8000's were powered with a lower input voltage they ran perfectly cool. Actually I rather liked the 8000's as they had stepped attenuators that the 8200's don't have.

I've been perfectly happy with the ADA8xxx.

I'm only now in the slow process of swapping out my ADA8200's for Motu 8M units because I want better control of the preamp gains, individual phantom power and the ability to do a buffered FOH splitter for when we play larger venues.

It is however, a comparatively expensive upgrade. New Motu 8m's run $1400 instead of $200 or less for the ADA8200's. I've been fortunate to be able to find used units for cheap $500-$700 range, but its taken me almost a year to collect 3 boxes and I'm still need on more.

For just about the same price of one used Motu box (they average closer to $900) you can get 4 of the ADA8200's. If you worried get a spare.
    Last edited by cgrafx; 03-14-2018 at 01:18 AM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.