Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Windows 10 tweaks

Frank,

You should have the SAC.chm file...

But here is the .pdf version of SAC 4.3...SAC Manual V4.3

2. Default Re: Windows 10 tweaks

Regarding general Windows 10 tweaks I would recommend watching Molten Musictechs youtube videoes (https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ogy+windows+10) for inspiration.

I do most of Moltens tweaks but I disable Defender completely (Regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows Defender -> Create DWORD named 'DisableAntiSpyware' -> assign value 1 to DisableAntiSpyware). I also disable the firewall because my SAC pc isn't connected to the internet.
    And I uninstall most of the apps that comes with windows (weather and news apps, xbox stuff and others).
    I disable all non-essential services about (12 services including Windows Update Orchestrator) and I disable a lot of the scheduled tasks!

Other than that the essential things to do is setting compatibility mode (Windows XP sp2/sp3) for SAC.exe and always to run SAC.exe as administrator.
    In SAC I get the best results from selecting the "Force Single CPU" and "Force Realtime Priority Class" options. Note that SAC will not actually run in "realtime priority class" if SAC.exe is not run as administrator.

And for what it's worth I prefer Windows 10 over Windows 7!
    Last edited by Peter O; 12-31-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter O View Post
    Regarding general Windows 10 tweaks I would recommend watching Molten Musictechs youtube videoes (https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ogy+windows+10) for inspiration.

I do most of Moltens tweaks but I disable Defender completely (Regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows Defender -> Create DWORD named 'DisableAntiSpyware' -> assign value 1 to DisableAntiSpyware). I also disable the firewall because my SAC pc isn't connected to the internet.
    And I uninstall most of the apps that comes with windows (weather and news apps, xbox stuff and others).
    I disable all non-essential services about (12 services including Windows Update Orchestrator) and I disable a lot of the scheduled tasks!

Other than that the essential things to do is setting compatibility mode (Windows XP sp2/sp3) for SAC.exe and always to run SAC.exe as administrator.
    In SAC I get the best results from selecting the "Force Single CPU" and "Force Realtime Priority Class" options. Note that SAC will not actually run in "realtime priority class" if SAC.exe is not run as administrator.

And for what it's worth I prefer Windows 10 over Windows 7!
    Thank you. In the end, I gave up on SAC. I don't use it enough to have to keep a dedicated laptop for it. Went with another PC based product that worked perfectly with Windows 10 out of the box. I'm not knocking SAC, just not the tool for my occasional needs.

Blog Entries

Peter,

And for what it's worth I prefer Windows 10 over Windows 7!...
    ...Peter, as a New Years gift - or if all else fails, can you simply tell me why?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-01-2018 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Typos

5. Default Re: Windows 10 tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    ...Peter, as a New Years gift - or if all else fails, can you simply me why?
    I have recreantly rebuild my SAC pc and I started out doing a Windows 7 build because some things are a little easier to disable in Windows 7 than they are in Windows 10. I then pulled the Windows 7 system drive out, put in a new system disk (same make and model as the Windows 7 system disk) and installed Windows 10 on that.
    Performance wise there aren't really any difference between the two OS'es when running SAC, but I simply like the "look and feel" of Windows 10 better, so I'm sticking with that!
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

6. Default Re: Windows 10 tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Frank,

You should have the SAC.chm file...

But here is the .pdf version of SAC 4.3...SAC Manual V4.3
    Thank You. I don't have V4 so this is very helpful.
    Frank http://lbpinc.com/DI.html
    Born Again Christian
    Tea Party Member