Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: re-sizing mixer view SSL

DominicPerry,
    None of this is answering the OP's question.
    ... Thanks Dominic for getting us back on track.

...something to do with the background area not being maximized.
    ... I believe this to be the problem. And I agree, a screenshot would be helpful.

Thanks for all the answers. I did not realize I could add a screen shot.
    Name:  sawplus screen shot.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  106.1 KB

I cannot see the image here, so I am not sure it uploaded. Anyway, if you can see it, starting from the left, "E"mixer, multitrack view, "F"mixer then FX views.
    As you can see, both the "E" mixer and "F" mixer do not extend to the bottom of the screen. I am unable to scale them vertically. Looking at the screen shot in one of the earlier answers, I see that the F mixer does not fill the screen either. Maybe that is the default and it cannot fill the screen. Appreciate all the interest and suggestions.

The previous screen shot I was referencing was from Mr_es335. Also, it is true. If I double click on a channel on my F mixer, the E mixer will jump from the far left and show up over the F mixer AND will be fully visible filling the full vertical on the monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by smp View Post
    The previous screen shot I was referencing was from Mr_es335. Also, it is true. If I double click on a channel on my F mixer, the E mixer will jump from the far left and show up over the F mixer AND will be fully visible filling the full vertical on the monitor.
    I see what you mean..... it's almost as if the e mixer is sized to a different f-key resolution by itself...... really the f mixer does, also.
    I wonder - have you tried reinstalling SAW and starting completely fresh with your current monitor setup. I just did this the other day and was reminded that (although it didn't used to quite some time ago) SAW will set up your f-key size proportional to your screen on first opening. This is not the same, necessarily, as opening a different default f-key. When I installed the latest version of SAW (32 bit) right over the old one, it automatically sized all the f-keys to fit my screen and it was refreshing to see. Maybe that will help, although you will still be obliged to set up all of your preferred f-key views once again - and from scratch probably, as the ones currently stored may still exhibit this odd sort of corruption.

By the way, when you want to see what a screen shot upload will look like in the forum, use the preview button.

Blog Entries

smp,
    Anyway, if you can see it, starting from the left, "E"mixer, multitrack view, "F"mixer then FX views. As you can see, both the "E" mixer and "F" mixer do not extend to the bottom of the screen. I am unable to scale them vertically. Looking at the screen shot in one of the earlier answers, I see that the F mixer does not fill the screen either. Maybe that is the default and it cannot fill the screen. Appreciate all the interest and suggestions.
    ... Two things then,

1) If you grab the bottom of the E Mixer, you are unable to resize this element vertically? Correct? I believe that this is way the E Mixer is to function. The E Mixer is "scrollable" - but not adjustable. On the other hand, the Z Mixer is both adjustable and scrollable.
    2) In the view that I am seeing, I am seeing the full height of the F Mixer. The F Mixer does not extend any further downwards vertically. You can shrink the F Mixer view as shown below - but you can make it larger vertically.

Attachment 2912

Now, with regards to the E Mixer, what I suggest is doing what I suggested earlier:

1. Exit and re-launch SAWStudio Lite.
    2. Close the E Mixer.
    3. Select: View > Zoom Mixer.
    4. Select: The MultiTrack title bar.
    5. Select: [Shift + F1].
    6. Select: File > F-Key File > Save Default > OK.
    7. Close and re-launch SAWStudio Lite.

Until Bob "chimes in" I sincerely believe that the Z Mixer is to be positioned where the E Mixer presently is. SAWStudio is configured this way.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-31-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smp View Post
    Anyway, if you can see it, starting from the left, "E"mixer, multitrack view, "F"mixer then FX views.
    As you can see, both the "E" mixer and "F" mixer do not extend to the bottom of the screen. I am unable to scale them vertically. Looking at the screen shot in one of the earlier answers, I see that the F mixer does not fill the screen either. Maybe that is the default and it cannot fill the screen. Appreciate all the interest and suggestions.
    Hey SMP, are both your monitors running at the same resolution? I see you mention 1280x1024 so I assume so...

Which video card are you using?

Have you tried loading one of the default F-key files? Which one did you start with?

Another Q along the lines of what UpTilDawn is getting at: Did you change your video resolution *after* you started to create the new views?

Lastly, you mention replacing the video card. I'm curious why you had to create new views for yourself. Did you run a different resolution before the new card?

Just to be clear, the only view with a problem is your E-mixer view. The F-mixer maxes out at the height you've got in your screenshot.

I think it's safe to say, many of us have seen this type of thing before. The trick is always remembering how we fixed it!

I feel it's something simple in the order of steps you've taken to create these new views. Else, some virtual desktop or resolution that has confused SAW. IIRC there was a feature added where SAW can detect the resolution you're running. You might be able to see what it 'thinks' you're at by looking in the Options menu.
    Last edited by Naturally Digital; 01-31-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Hello,

Well you learn something new every day....

I was wondering how it was possible to position the E Mixer in the location where I would normally expect the Z Mixer to be located. In the User Manual it states:

"Exploded View Mixer Window
    This view can be opened by [Double-Clicking] on a color link button or non-control area of the Full View window, or [Double-Clicking] in the left-client edge of the MultiTrack View channel control tool bar area."

Now , it did take me a moment to discover just what the "channel control tool bar area" was, but when I discovered it, [Double-Clicking] this area causes the E Mixer to stick to the side of the MultiTrack - as shown below:

Attachment 2913

Note: I am not to sure what this view would be used for, but it is interesting none-the-less.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-31-2019 at 09:19 PM.

My guess is that you have changed the screen res after having a default set of Fkeys at a smaller res... so... try clearing the Default Fkeys... restarting the program and creating new ones... the Emixer should now detect the current screen size and give back its full vertical height.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Now , it did take me a moment to discover just what the "channel control tool bar area" was, but when I discovered it, [Double-Clicking] this area causes the E Mixer to stick to the side of the MultiTrack - as shown below:
    So... what is it and where is it?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,

Here it is...

Attachment 2914