Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What shows are you mixing with SAC?

I'm curious to know if anyone here is mixing something interesting with their SAC desk these days?

I mixed this concert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDBEkKXmhY last month - a "strange" mix between a bigband and Balkan folk music. Channel count just under 40, 6 monitor mixes. A pretty challenging gig, at least for me!

Btw. the sound on the video is NOT the board mix :-) The show was multitracked and later mixed by the conductor of the bigband who's also a brilliant sound engineer.
    Last edited by Peter O; 08-05-2021 at 12:58 AM.

Default Re: What shows are you mixng with SAC?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter O View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone here is mixing something interesting with their SAC desk these days?

I mixed this concert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDBEkKXmhY last month - a "strange" mix between a bigband and Balkan folk music. Channel count just under 40, 6 monitor mixes. A pretty challenging gig, at least for me!

Btw. the sound on the video is NOT the board mix :-) The show was multitracked and later mixed by the conductor of the bigband who's also a brilliant sound engineer.
    where is the sound from the video?
    where?
    Last edited by andrew b; 08-04-2021 at 03:06 PM.

3. Default Re: What shows are you mixng with SAC?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
    where is the sound from the video?
    where?
    I'm sorry, I don't understand your question?
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

sound out?

where does the sound come from? mixer ?

6. Default Re: What shows are you mixing with SAC?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
    where does the sound come from? mixer ?
    The sound on the video is a 'post production mix'. I multitrack recorded the concert with Reaper, in parallel with mixing the live sound in SAC. The recorded audio was mixed later (in Protools, I think).

I didn't post the link, because I wanted you to hear the audio. I was just curious about what kind of shows was beeing mixed with SAC now.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Default Re: What shows are you mixing with SAC?

The sound on the video is a 'post production mix'. I multitrack recorded the concert with Reaper, in parallel with mixing the live sound in SAC. The recorded audio was mixed later (in Protools, I think).

I didn't post the link, because I wanted you to hear the audio. I was just curious about what kind of shows was beeing mixed with SAC now.
    Curious: how do you get multi-channel audio from SAC into Reaper? Or did you split the audio pre-SAC? And was Reaper on a different computer?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

8. Default Re: What shows are you mixing with SAC?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Curious: how do you get multi-channel audio from SAC into Reaper? Or did you split the audio pre-SAC? And was Reaper on a different computer?
    Split before SAC, same computer.
    Peter Olsen

Default Re: What shows are you mixing with SAC?

Split before SAC, same computer.
    And separate interface/driver for Reaper, I assume? Or are you doing some multi-client ASIO magic? (I'm a little out of the loop on the state of the art. Or am I?)
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

10. Default Re: What shows are you mixing with SAC?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    And separate interface/driver for Reaper, I assume? Or are you doing some multi-client ASIO magic? (I'm a little out of the loop on the state of the art. Or am I?)
    RME's asio driver allows multiple clients.
    Peter Olsen