Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Making the regions in MT mode larger?

Quote Originally Posted by WARDAK View Post
    "use the PgUp and PgDn, as well as Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDn to adjust the height of the tracks"
    Thank you!

NP. Once you've done that, try the number pad keys and Ctrl + number pad keys to zoom in on the wave form both ways.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    NP. Once you've done that, try the number pad keys and Ctrl + number pad keys to zoom in on the wave form both ways.
    Or step into the 21st century and use your mousewheel and ctrl+mousewheel.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

BTW -- if you want to play with region entry colors, right-click on the track label zone and then on the first menu item: "Set MT-entry Texture" for some fun options.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Cool ideas, everyone. This particular issue is resolved now, so don't waste your breath on it anymore. Now that I am back in town, I will be posting a new question within the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Or step into the 21st century and use your mousewheel and ctrl+mousewheel.

True and very useful, but the Num keys are repeatable. For example, 5 results in the same zoom level every time. I find that useful when separating regions by a specific amount of time.

And get off my lawn!
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

True and very useful, but the Num keys are repeatable. For example, 5 results in the same zoom level every time. I find that useful when separating regions by a specific amount of time.

And get off my lawn!
    I find the number key pad zoom levels so useful in editing that when I got my new laptop, I had to have one with the number keypad included.

And Ian, your crack about the lawn reminded me of a story in which visiting aliens need to get the attention of the POTUS. In the dead of night, they land a flying saucer right next to the White House. They have brought a US Army general along to make the introductions. When the President comes out to see what landed, how does he use the First Contact opportunity? What deathless prose fall from his lips? He grumbles sourly at the General, "I don't suppose it would do me any good to ask you to get off my lawn."
    Last edited by Cary B. Cornett; 03-18-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Blog Entries

@Tom M,
    If you are new to SawStudio /Midi WorkShop you should stop by LearnSawStudio.com Tons of tutorials to get you up and running these programs fast and it is all free.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    @Tom M,
    If you are new to SawStudio /Midi WorkShop you should stop by LearnSawStudio.com Tons of tutorials to get you up and running these programs fast and it is all free.
    Great link, Micro. Thanks!

As incredible as this software is, I will only be using about 25% of its capabilities for my telephone "Message-On-Hold" projects. My goal is simply to get it running as smoothly as my original 4-track version of SAW that I used from the 90's until just last month. That's why my questions are so basic and why I get too frustrated fishing through the very detailed user manual for answers.

I really appreciate all the help I have gotten here so far!

And get off my lawn!
    You're right, Ian. I've always loved the idea of the repeatable zoom levels, but, for some reason, never got them into my workflow.

Sorry for my sarcasm.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    You're right, Ian. I've always loved the idea of the repeatable zoom levels, but, for some reason, never got them into my workflow.

Sorry for my sarcasm.

Hey, I enjoyed it. I figure if I'm gonna dish it out...
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com