Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Migrating to 64 bit

John,

Try using the F5 key, or even Ctrl+F5 - to refresh the Desktop.

Down the Classic TaskManager for Windows 10 here: [Click_Me]

Do some research on "RunTimeBroker" - a nasty piece of work!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-18-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    John,

Try using the F5 key, or even Ctrl+F5 - to refresh the Desktop.

Down the Classic TaskManager for Windows 10 here: [Click_Me]

Do some research on "RunTimeBroker" - a nasty piece of work!
    I'll try variations on F5. Thanks!

Not sure what the second line is about. When I click on 'click_me' - nothing happens.

I looked up RunTimeBroker. I hadn't heard of it before. I hadn't heard of 'universal app's either, although it sure looks as if you'd do well to avoid them while you're trying to track, due to RunTimeBroker having to start up and ride shotgun. But it otherwise seems benign enough unless it has been owned by a virus.
    I'm really out of it, operating-system-wise, these days. How does it have something to do with getting a new file to sort in Windows Explorer?
    Last edited by John Ludlow; 12-19-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Blog Entries

John,

Sorry John...fixed the link...
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-19-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grekim View Post
    Okay, got it. The shell2vst was a zip file with both 32 and 64 bit versions inside. The 64 bit waves plugs appear to be working. Thanks.
    Has anyone succeeded to extract dlls from version 12 Waveshells? I'm using Windows 10 but shell2vst64 does nothing with newest Waves version.

John,

Sorry John...fixed the link...
    OH!! That seems a like a non sequitor, but it is very welcome! I'll download it for both of my W10 machines. Thanks, Del!

Blog Entries

John,

"a non sequitur..." ... I find the stock WIN10 TaskManager unusable.

The point in using the Classic TaskManager is that you can observe more clearly 1) the number of background processes, and 2) what background processes are occurring.

I would be very curious to know the total number of background processes?

John,

"a non sequitur..." ... I find the stock WIN10 TaskManager unusable.

The point in using the Classic TaskManager is that you can observe more clearly 1) the number of background processes, and 2) what background processes are occurring.

I would be very curious to know the total number of background processes?

Thanks for the spelling correction, Del. I try to keep my spelling errors to a minimum, but some still eek through. I'll double my efforts not to let it happen again.

And, yes, I prefer the classic TM as well and so that's why I said it would be very welcome.

Are you asking me to count the number of background processes on my studio machine? I will if you would like. But, I'm wondering, first, why you want to know this and whether to include processes that are not taking clock cycles, and second, if it has anything to do with Windows Explorer in W10 LTSC not having a 'View/Refresh' option? Where are you going with this and why?

Blog Entries

John,

Just curious that is all...my office system running WIN7 Pro currently shows 38 processes.

Quote Originally Posted by randombass View Post
    Has anyone succeeded to extract dlls from version 12 Waveshells? I'm using Windows 10 but shell2vst64 does nothing with newest Waves version.
    I have 12 on ss64 on w10. I had to get a patched version of the installer for my 64bit w7 box from their tech support. I think I wound up with v12 on both ss & ss64 on w10 and ss64/w7. If you want I can verify this and dig up the email chain. I don't want to buy any more from them too much pain

John,

Just curious that is all...my office system running WIN7 Pro currently shows 38 processes.
    Oh - Windows 7. I thought you were talking about W10. Well, the W7 machine I'm writing to you on currently has 59 processes running. But, I have a lot of things going on on it right now - including 19 processes for my Brave browser alone.