Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: SAC (and Plugins) 64 Bit Version Bug Reports

Try clearing the prefs and then not selecting any soundcard setup. See if the programs then behave normally and can close properly. If so... it seems like there is a problem with the soundcard driver when it is activated.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    SACRemote64 has the same behavior. It won't shut down. I have to kill it with Task Manager.
    From a trouble shooting standpoint there must be something going on with your system.

while not impossible, its highly unlikely there is anything wrong with SAW/SAC/SAC Remote, since these were all working for you previously and then weren't.

Its possible there is a hardware issue.

I'd start by reloading the RME drivers, and possibly the USB drivers for your motherboard.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Try clearing the prefs and then not selecting any soundcard setup. See if the programs then behave normally and can close properly. If so... it seems like there is a problem with the soundcard driver when it is activated.

Bob L
    Remind me how to clears the prefs.Also, SACRemote does the same thing (hangs on "Shutdown in Progress". I have to kill it with Task Manager. There seems to be something in common with SAC64, SACRemote64 and SS64. The all hang on shutdown, no meters, 00 CPU, etc. I don't use ProTools much and I migrated away from Sonar when Gibson abandoned them, but both of those programs seem to work as expected. They record and playback audio, show meter activity, etc. Everything worked fine a couple of weeks ago. I think I have done a few Windows updates and an NVIDIA driver update. I tried uninstalling those to get back to where I was a few weeks ago, but that didn't fix anything.
    Last edited by dbarrow; 04-19-2019 at 08:19 AM.

I removed SAC64Data.dat and SAC64.prf, started SAC64, without configuring any audio interface or anything else and immediately shut it down. It hangs on "Shutdown in Progress". SACRemote64 does the same thing and it doesn't have an interface configured.
    Last edited by dbarrow; 04-19-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Name:  2019-04-19_10-33-41.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  88.6 KB

I also completely uninstalled the NVIDIA GeForce Driver and all it's other crap with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Same thing. SAC64, SACRemote64 and SS64 all hang on "Shutdown in Progress". Itrie running the 32bit versions and they all seem to work fine. Perhaps Window 10 changed something.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    From a trouble shooting standpoint there must be something going on with your system.

while not impossible, its highly unlikely there is anything wrong with SAW/SAC/SAC Remote, since these were all working for you previously and then weren't.

Its possible there is a hardware issue.

I'd start by reloading the RME drivers, and possibly the USB drivers for your motherboard.
    Just the three programs, SAC64, Sacremote64 and SAW64 don't work. All other programs work, the audio interface works with Pro Tools, Sonar and all other audio programs. Also, Magix Vegas works perfectly. The 32 bit SAC, SACRemote and SAW all work fine, as well. It's just the 64 bit programs. I even installed them again into different directories and they have the same issue, no plugins, no interface configuration, etc.

I think I solved it. Eset NOD32 is running on this machine. It never caused a problems before, but no it seems that the HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection) module changed something in an update that interfered with the 64bit RML programs. I found a place to exclude those directories and it seems to work. I am on the RME babyface interface I have at work and I will test it on the RME Fireface USB interface when I get home. I have music playing through the WDM2VST plugin and the meters work, CPU, faders, etc. Now I will reinstall the current NVIDIA drivers and see if it still works. I am assuming that this HIPS thing only targeted the RML programs, because they were small programs, written in Assembly Language that might have looked like Trojans to the AV software. I already had them excluded, but not from this specific HIPS module.

That was it! Eset NOD32 AV updated a few days ago and added HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection System) changes, which disallowed SAC64, SACRemote64 and SAW64 from running properly. When I added exceptions to these the SAC64, SACRemote and SAW64 directories, everything was restored to running properly. It took me a while to sort this out, because, since I last SAC64 and SAW64 for a live recording, Windows had updated and so had NOD32 and I think also the NVidia graphics driver. I had to isolate what was causing the problem. This isn't a bug, but I hope it helps someone else sort this kind of thing out.
    Last edited by dbarrow; 04-19-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    That was it! Eset NOD32 AV updated a few days ago and added HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection System) changes, which disallowed SAC64, SACRemote64 and SAW64 from running properly. When I added exceptions to these the SAC64, SACRemote and SAW64 directories, everything was restored to running properly. It took me a while to sort this out, because, since I last SAC64 and SAW64 for a live recording, Windows had updated and so had NOD32 and I think also the NVidia graphics driver. I had to isolate what was causing the problem. This isn't a bug, but I hope it helps someone else sort this kind of thing out.
    Thank you for posting about your experience. I don't use Nod32 myself but I have installed it for a client or two. This is good to know.