Close

Default SAW playback crashes

I screwed up my computer that was running XP and Sawlite. I had to install windows 7 64 bit....re-installed Sawlite, and need to play back a file I did before the **** hit the fan...
    Load up the EDL and hit play and I get a crash..."Sawlite.exe has stopped working"
    Using the same interface, with freshly installed drivers for 7...etc.
    Any clues??
    Thank you, thank you...
    Saw64, SAC64 DP, Live, Cubase, Logic Pro and LUNA
    http://www.jillandrich.net

Default Re: SAW playback crashes

Quote Originally Posted by richswit View Post
    I screwed up my computer that was running XP and Sawlite. I had to install windows 7 64 bit....re-installed Sawlite, and need to play back a file I did before the **** hit the fan...
    Load up the EDL and hit play and I get a crash..."Sawlite.exe has stopped working"
    Using the same interface, with freshly installed drivers for 7...etc.
    Any clues??
    Thank you, thank you...
    Your diagnosis should start by seeing if it's your interface or SAW. Try playing it in another program or with a media player. If it works there, you can look into SAW. If not, then it's not a SAW thing, but likely a driver thing.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Well, I took it over to our main room, on a mac running windows 7, and it did the same thing.....I was using the "open session" dialog from inside SAW. So, just for yuks, I right clicked on the EDL and jumpedd through the hoops to open it with SAW that way, and it WORKS!!!

I'll have to try it on the original computer.
    Weird.....

Make sure you do the Win 7 tweaks... especially the Border Padding set to zero.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Make sure you do the Win 7 tweaks... especially the Border Padding set to zero.

Bob L
    Yeah, I didn't do all of them.....but doesn't choosing "classic windows theme" take care of the border padding problem??

By the way, it played back fine on the original computer by setting the EDL's to open in SAW when you double click them...

Does the old session using vst or native plugin
    that are not installed on the new comp.

If so then remove them from your session
    before playback, it has worked for me.

Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiandybing View Post
    Does the old session using vst or native plugin
    that are not installed on the new comp.

If so then remove them from your session
    before playback, it has worked for me.

Sebastian
    Close...there was a VST plugin on AUX 3 that wasn't even being used...part of my "default template" if you will....Had copied over the VST plugins folder from the XP side, and I guess the Chainer Plugin doesn't like Windows 7.

All is well..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richswit View Post
    Close...there was a VST plugin on AUX 3 that wasn't even being used...part of my "default template" if you will....Had copied over the VST plugins folder from the XP side, and I guess the Chainer Plugin doesn't like Windows 7.

All is well..thanks
    Ah... I've had similar problems... but I work around simply by being sure to close SAWStudio from one session before I open up another (because sometimes it crashes...). I'll double check my various templates. (thanks for the post).
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com