Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mix template issue?

I'm starting recordings on a new album for a band this week and want to save a record template file and a mix template file for the setup. Unfortunately I can't get the track labels to save wih the mix template file. Is it me or is it you? ;-) (Bob).

Or anyone else for that matter.

BIT
    Try out the original SS SilverShades. Designed by BIT.
    Bjørn I Tysse
    BIT Lyd
    Bergen, Norway

Default Re: Mix template issue?

Not having this problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Not having this problem here.
    Either am I.

Bjorn, are you saving a mix template file or just saving it as the default?

Make sure you are creating the internal record template by using the Ctrl-Key when you click the close button on the record window... that is what saves the record assignment info.

Then you can save a separate record template if you wish... or just save the session or the mix template... they will include the internal record template info.

When you re-open the session, then Ctrl-Click the first record track and the entire record template will open starting from that track down.

Bob L

OK.

I've made a template edl to make the mix template file from and I got the hang of the record ctrl-click function. If I instead of using a mix template file, start out from this edl for each new song and 'save as' to a new folder before recording, can I run into trouble with placement of the recorded sound files? Or will they always be placed in the edl folder with edl corresponding file names?

BIT
    Bjørn I Tysse
    BIT Lyd
    Bergen, Norway

Quote Originally Posted by bit View Post
    ... If I instead of using a mix template file, start out from this edl for each new song and 'save as' to a new folder before recording, can I run into trouble with placement of the recorded sound files? Or will they always be placed in the edl folder with edl corresponding file names?

BIT
    I do this quite a lot, Bit. It should work fine for you. Just be sure to save each new session .edl in its own folder. As long as you have previously set your file path preferences properly, that is all blank (with the exception of the undo path variation Bob created a while back), all of the files associated with that particular .edl should follow the .edl.

You could also create and store a mix template if you wish for future, similar projects.... makes no difference to the .edl question you just asked though.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    You could also create and store a mix template if you wish for future, similar projects.... makes no difference to the .edl question you just asked though.
    What I like to do is just save the mix template as the default (I don't bother to make a file, unless I'll need to recall it sometime down the road). Then when you choose 'close session', you are left with a blank edl, set up and ready with your default mix template. Just hit 'clear default' whenever you need to start with a completely blank edl again.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    What I like to do is just save the mix template as the default (I don't bother to make a file, unless I'll need to recall it sometime down the road). Then when you choose 'close session', you are left with a blank edl, set up and ready with your default mix template. Just hit 'clear default' whenever you need to start with a completely blank edl again.
    Also works well...

The other way often works for me since I need to prepare multiple .edls (multiple groups) using the same mic/channel assignments for a single concert many times. It also works when I need to split a long, multi-set concert up into parts for mixdown and the channel assignment is the same or similar to previous events. Yet, neither of these setups is my "normal" record, or mix setup on a day-to-day basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    I already do this, but now I need a template for this spesific recording gig, with labels, input assignments, and panning and stuff. We are starting recording in a few hours, but I think I'll be OK. I'll pay attention to were the files go and stay away from the retake all function. Just in case.

BIT
    Bjørn I Tysse
    BIT Lyd
    Bergen, Norway

It turns out that the mix template is actually loading the labels, but the multitrack window is not updated. Pressing a f-key fix it.

BIT
    Bjørn I Tysse
    BIT Lyd
    Bergen, Norway