Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Not a question, but a statement

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Miskimon View Post
    In many ways Saw has been way ahead of many of the other DAWs. I laughed when a few years ago Pro Tools was bragging about some of their latest features (many of them have been in Saw for at least 10 years). There is no reason to update something that already has so many great features - it's rock solid and you don't have to jump through loops to install it. 64 bit will come in due time but personally it doesn't matter to me. Compared to all the other DAWs out there SAWStudio is nearly bug free.
    Same here. What a genious Bob is... SawStudio was way ahead of it's time, and far ahead in speed and quality. Today, that all still holds true.
    All of that far outways my need for 64 bit or VST 3 (though those would be a welcome addtion).
    SawStudio (and SawPlus and SawPro) kept me working consistently Producing and voicing comercials for Andy Williams for 15 years, plus a major concert promoter for about 15 years (many great headline acts), and Dolly Parton (Dixie) Stampede for now nearly 20 years (just did more spots this week).
    The initial payments for the software, since 1996, proved to be an extremely good business investment. I'm very grateful to Bob for his brilliant contributions to the industry.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: Not a question, but a statement

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    Same here. What a genious Bob is... SawStudio was way ahead of it's time, and far ahead in speed and quality. Today, that all still holds true.
    All of that far outways my need for 64 bit or VST 3 (though those would be a welcome addtion).
    SawStudio (and SawPlus and SawPro) kept me working consistently Producing and voicing comercials for Andy Williams for 15 years, plus a major concert promoter for about 15 years (many great headline acts), and Dolly Parton (Dixie) Stampede for now nearly 20 years (just did more spots this week).
    The initial payments for the software, since 1996, proved to be an extremely good business investment. I'm very grateful to Bob for his brilliant contributions to the industry.
    I agree. SAWStudio still holds up with the best DAWs on the market in many facets.

Unfortunately for some of us, some of these extra features are necessary to continue working with the outside world. Particularly 64-bit support.

I currently work primarily in macOS with another DAW, but I still find it's easier to reboot to Windows to use SAW for a number of tasks. Easier to reboot, rebuild project and work in SAW than to stay in the other software sometimes.

SAW got most of it right from the beginning, that really won't ever change.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph