Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Channel Names Not Transferring to Monitor

I am having an issue with channel names not automatically replicating to the mixer on one of my monitors. I have 13 monitors and the changes appear on 1-12 but not on #13. I am assuming it's something simple, but haven't figured it out.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Default Re: Channel Names Not Transferring to Monitor

Names should transfer down when entered from the FOH mixer or Monitor Mixer 1 (as a master Mon Mixer)... names entered on Mon mixers 2-24 will remain independent on each mixer.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Names should transfer down when entered from the FOH mixer or Monitor Mixer 1 (as a master Mon Mixer)... names entered on Mon mixers 2-24 will remain independent on each mixer.

Bob L

Is there a way to revert back to having a monitor console receive its labels from Mon 1?
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Blog Entries

Mike,

You need to understand what the manual is stating.

According to page 48 of the SAC User Manual,

1. Names entered on the FOH Mixer or Master Monitor Mixer 1 Input channels will automatically pass through to all channels on the following Monitor mixers.
    * So MON2 to MON24 FROM MON1
    2. Names entered on any Monitor Mixer 2 or higher are only entered on that mixer.

Here is a possible scenario:
    1. So, you enter the label FOH on 00
    * FOH will appear on FOH and MON1 to MON24 inclusive
    2. You then navigate to MON1 - so 01
    3. You enter the label of MON1 on MON1
    * MON1 will NOW appear on MON2 to MON24 inclusive
    4. In you now happen to enter a new label on FOH, this will replace the previous label on MON1 - on through to MON24.
    * So configure FOH first, then configure the MON's.
    5. You may want to clearly understand the use of the ALT key here.."Pressing the [Alt-Key] along with one of the [Shift] or [Ctrl] options to create a label, will block the automatic pass thru, allowing you to label changes on the current mixer without affecting other mixers."

I hope this helps?

Blog Entries

Mike,

Was this helpful to you or not?

Dell,

Thanks for your help. Your description is how I have always understood this function to work. My issue is that it is not working for me now. Perhaps I accidentally (thinking i was on FOH) changed an input name by accident on Mon 13 and it will not revert back to being able to be controlled as I wish. This is why I asked if there was a way to turn this function back on for this one mixer.

Thanks again.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Go to that mixer and clear the name... leave it blank... then re-enter the name you want on FOH and it should track down again.

Bob L

Go to that mixer and clear the name... leave it blank... then re-enter the name you want on FOH and it should track down again.

Bob L
    I thought I tried that but I will try again and report back. Thanks Bob and Dell.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Bob L
    Gentlemen,

This has something to do with SCENES. I cleared the channel labels of those with problems on MON13 and reinput the names on FOH. The names passed through to MON13. I updated the scene with both Labels check marked and not check marked. When I leave the scene and come back. Labels are messed up.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Blog Entries

Mike,

What version of SAC are you using?

New versions added the following feature set - v4 onwards, I do believe:

Link FOH Partial Chans To All Mixers
    Under the list of Mixer switches you will see an option called Link FOH Partial Chans To All Mixers. This option makes it easy to create scenes that operate on a group of channels across all mixers. Instead of having to select all channels on each mixer separately for scenes that you want to operate across multiple mixers... simply select the channels on the FOH mixer and turn ON this option... the partial listbox will display the list of channels and will display that they are selected for All Mixers.