Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Default SAC Shade

Hello,

I am not sure if anyone has done this...but I have put together a default SAC shade.

Here it is: [Pending Approval]

Note: You can now use PowerShades...instead of Resource Hacker.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 04-19-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Default Re: Default SAC Shade

And what exactly is different about your shade than... well... the "default" SAC shade?
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Blog Entries

Hello,

Actually..nothing...I simply prefer to use PowerShades instead of Resource Hacker.

I wanted to make some minor alterations to the default SAC shade...thus the port.

So you republished Bob's stock shade and called it your own?

Great job.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Blog Entries

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Evans View Post
    So you republished Bob's stock shade and called it your own?Great job.
    Is this a rebuke?
    This is NOT what I intended? I claim no authorship to it at all...and if you notice, I simply called it "Default SAC Shade". Does this, as a point of interest, imply "ownership"? If it does, I will pull it and ask Bob what to do with it?

Update: I will pull it and ask Bob.

What was the point of posting it to begin with if it's the same file that comes with every copy of SAC remote?

BE your sound.

Blog Entries

Hello,
    What was the point of posting it to begin with if it's the same file that comes with every copy of SAC remote?
    Does an actual shade come with SAC Remote? I have never seen one. If there WAS one, then I would never had done this in the first place!

Yes. The file is SAC_graphics.dll. For that matter, it's the same file that comes with SAC.

BE your sound.

Blog Entries

Hello,
    Yes. The file is SAC_graphics.dll. For that matter, it's the same file that comes with SAC.
    That is correct! However, it is not a .shd file...it is a .dll. I wanted a .shd file for the default SAC layout.
    Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

That is correct! However, it is not a .shd file...it is a .dll. I wanted a .shd file for the default SAC layout.
    Does that make sense?
    No. It doesn't make a bit of sense... you can simply select "reset to original vintage" and it reverts to the standard graphics.

And.. all you have to do is rename the file from .dll to .shd if you really really really want it to have that ending... just make a copy first. It'll open up in powershades just fine.
    Last edited by Brent Evans; 04-19-2014 at 06:31 PM.

BE your sound.