Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Callin' Mista BOB Dobalina :D

Hi there BOB,
    can the guys from the forum + the upcoming users have a little insider of what they are buying here and what is happening with the FIRM?
    Any updates in the 2015...dates or whatever?

All the best,
    Merry Christmas and HNY
    Nik

2. Default Re: Callin' Mista BOB Dobalina :D

Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    Hi there BOB,
    can the guys from the forum + the upcoming users have a little insider of what they are buying here and what is happening with the FIRM?
    Any updates in the 2015...dates or whatever?

All the best,
    Merry Christmas and HNY
    Nik
    What you are buying is already released and can be downloaded and demo'd for free. If what you demo'd suits your needs, then buy it. If what you demo'd almost suits your needs and you're hoping feature A, B or C will be added in the near future, I would not assume that is going to happen and would not make a purchasing decision based on it ever happening.

Default Re: Callin' Mista BOB Dobalina :D

Sounds like good advice for buying any product.

Bob L

Blog Entries

He,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Sounds like good advice for buying any product.
    Bob L
    ++1

5. Default Re: Callin' Mista BOB Dobalina :D

I definitely agree with the "buy SAC for what it is, not what you hope it will become" advice, but I also think it would be nice to know if there were any planned updates for SAC?
    I have no hopes that Bob Lentini will publish any information regarding updates before one actually gets available - that's not the way Bob do things - but I sympathize with operationwhat's request for information about future development.
    I like SAC a lot and use it as often as I can, but it frustrates me that the development of the software apparently has stopped. SAC is great but could get even better :-)
    Last edited by Peter O; 12-27-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter O View Post
    I like SAC a lot and use it as often as I can, but it frustrates me that the development of the software apparently has stopped. SAC is great but could get even better :-)
    I agree Peter. Especially because the trade magazines every month are filled with new, inexpensive consoles, new software, new interfaces, protocols. If you have a limited budget, a prospective buyer needs to make decisions on how to get the most for his/her money and to "future-proof" their investment. Dante? MADI? Recording in-the box or to a dedicated outboard recorder? There are now many to choose from. Live mixing with an inexpensive, portable digital console? There are many more than there were even 2 years ago, and they're evolving all the time with new product announcements continually.
    Currently using:
    T43p Thinkpad w/XP SP3 for FOH, Subs and Front Fill Mixes (20% CPU load);
    T500 Thinkpad w/Win7 SP1 for 6 Monitor Mixes (15% CPU load)
    Running at 2x32
    2 Digifaces, 1 w/CardBus, 1 w/ExpressCard
    3-Octamic-D for mic inputs - using the dual outputs to split the ADAT signal to the Digifaces;
    1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all FOH sends; 1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all Monitor sends;

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseShifter View Post
    What you are buying is already released and can be downloaded and demo'd for free. If what you demo'd suits your needs, then buy it. If what you demo'd almost suits your needs and you're hoping feature A, B or C will be added in the near future, I would not assume that is going to happen and would not make a purchasing decision based on it ever happening.
    PhaseShifter, pardon me for my language but eat goat marbles.You ain't Bob L. and nether were you asked for any kind of explanations and thoughts. Go and integrate yourself into a corner, right...

Bob, thank you for your response...at all....

8. Default Re: Callin' Mista BOB Dobalina :D

Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    PhaseShifter, pardon me for my language but eat goat marbles.You ain't Bob L. and nether were you asked for any kind of explanations and thoughts. Go and integrate yourself into a corner, right...

Bob, thank you for your response...at all....

Mr. Shifty,

I found your certificate of achievement. Feel free to download it, print it and frame it. I didn't want to waste Bob's bandwidth with this so you can find it HERE.

<sigh>