Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pop up fader bug.

So in the middle of showing a guy who has never used SAC how to use it after agonizingly selling him on using it for their show. The pop up fader bug where adjusting gain on the eq, the aux sends, or even comp settings if brought all the way to the top will jump all the way to the lowest settings. I recall seeing other people with this issue. I am just curious to know if this has been something worked on and solved or is it some other factor I need to look into causing it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pop up fader bug.

Hello,

I have personally tried to replicate this so-called "bug" - and have attempted to do many, many times - but have been unsuccessful in all of my attempts.

Can you - or anyone replicate this error?

I have seen jlepore's video - and have tried to replicate this "error" - but have not been able to do so.

It would be great if someone could specifically itemize what is required to cause this "error".

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

I have personally tried to replicate this so-called "bug" - and have attempted to do many, many times - but have been unsuccessful in all of my attempts.

I have seen jlepore's video - and have tried to replicate this "error" - but have not been able to do so.

It would be great if someone could specifically itemize what is required to cause this "error".
    I will keep monitoring things to see if a pattern develops.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

Hi,
    I'm just curious if you have an open mind about any potential problems, or are you trying to defend the product and only wanting to disprove or discredit any complaints? Your "tone of voice" makes me think it's the latter.

Ira

Ira... this could happen on touch screens... this has been fixed, as far as I know in the current versions. Make sure you are using the current 3.1 version... or, try using a mouse... it locks into the control range and should not allow the mouse to extend beyond the control boundaries.

Bob L

I don’t use touch screens and I am using 3.1.

Does a mouse lock into the control boundaries or is it free to move beyond the control ends?

If so... I have seen this behavior in the past on some Sony machines and others... never could figure out what was part of the installation that would break the boundary locks.

Bob L

It does go past the boundaries yes. The only thing I have added to my setup in very longtime is a CM Motormix. Nothing has changed at all otherwise.

Well... on hundreds of normal Windows installs for me, the mouse will lock into the window boundaries in SAC and SAW... on certain machines this is broken... do not know why.

Sony laptops always did that... hundreds of other laptops worked correctly...

You need to check SAC on another machine and see if the mouse works correctly...

Bob L

How could this particular remote I have been using in the same configuration for the last 6 months using the CM Motormix, never having it happen all of sudden randomly do it? That laptop hasnt been on the internet in over a year. No updates, no changes at all in the last 6 months to the whole configuration.

Its not a huge deal to me because I dont use such extreme settings ever.
    I just happened to be messing around showing the guy how to use it and it did it. It was repeatable as well. Maybe I will fire up that laptop with the remote here and see if it still does it.